Tuesday, August 10, 2010

5 weeks

Today I am 5 weeks pregnant! I can't wait until April to hold our new little bundle. Mitchel is also excited. He's been telling everyone so we went ahead and announced it this last weekend. I'm going to try really hard to keep this blog updated with how things are going!

So far I've felt ok until Monday night when I started getting super bad pains in my stomache and lower abdomen along with some queasiness. I've had no spotting so I think it's just normal pregnancy pains. I've consulted some friends and family and they don't seem worried. I haven't made my first OB appointment yet, but I'm calling this week to set it up. If the pains continue I'll ask to be seen sooner.

I'll be pregnant pretty much the same time period as I was with Brighton. He was born in May and this one will come in April.

I'm not working full time this time around which I am very greatful for. I do work part time for my friend Beki (http://www.therustedchain.com/) helping her with her jewelry business. And I also started a job over the weekend taking care of an elderly woman (she's 101!) She's super sweet. I get to her house around 7:30 and sit with her until she's ready to sleep, I fix her a bed time snack (she likes to tell me to eat too), then she takes her meds and goes to sleep. She usually gets up about 4 times a night to pee so I help her with that. I don't get the best sleep, but it's only 2 nights a week on Friday and Saturday. I think I can handle it.

Please stay tuned for more fun updates. I'll try to post weekly and include stuff about Brighton too. We haven't really done much lately because it's been sooo hot here, like 110 some days, but hopefully it'll start cooling down and we can get outside and play. I'll also include pictures now that i've found my camera!

No comments: